As one of the largest advertising agencies in New England, Davis Advertising provides a unique opportunity to design and manage marketing and advertising campaigns for a wide range of industries and clients.
A family-owned company since its founding in 1948, Davis features a client-centered approach that values hard work, intelligence and a positive outlook. The agency is a notably welcoming environment for creative individuals from all walks of life.
We are looking for a talented writer/content developer who has the ability to conceive compelling ideas and the chops necessary to bring those ideas to life. This unique individual will support senior writers/content developers and work closely with art directors, the creative director, and the account team to produce high quality work within established deadlines.
The candidate must be collaborative, good-natured, flexible, entrepreneurial, and energetic. Additionally, this person must be detail-oriented and have the ability to think on his/her feet. And finally, he or she must have a passion for developing compelling work that translates into results for clients.
The skills required for this job include:
- Outstanding organization and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Inventive and compelling concepting ability
- Writing chops for a diverse range of mediums including deep, engaging sites and microsites, HTML emails, blogs, newsletters as well as long form collateral, direct mail, print ads, sales tools and more.
- The ability to understand the technical feasibility of solutions
- An understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) principles and the ability to optimize content
- Ability to research quickly and efficiently and turn findings into compelling content, citing sources appropriately to support the content’s point of view
- An understanding of the best practices for user experience
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- A passion to continually learn about new things, especially advances in the digital field
- Excellent presentation skills
We are looking for candidates with a degree and 3+ years of experience in the field. Preference will be given to candidates who also have expertise with multimedia projects, and an understanding of how to integrate campaigns with social media channels.
Submit your resume, cover letter and work samples online here. Please include a link to your online portfolio.